Engaged Scholarship Summit
One Morgridge Match Grant Project recipient helps tribal community advisory boards create sustainable interventions to environmental health barriers.
Join us for a celebration of community-engaged scholarship!
The Morgridge Center is hosting the Engaged Scholarship Summit to celebrate academically based service learning and community-based research on the UW-Madison campus. The event will highlight the 38 Morgridge Match Grant funded projects and the impactful roles they play in continuing to bridge campus and community. Special guests Tashia and John Morgridge will provide introductory remarks and will be recognized for their support of engaged scholarship and continued generosity to the UW-Madison.
- Date: Wednesday, March 20, 2013
- Location: Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery, Town Center
- Time: 11:30am-4:30pm, refreshments provided
This event is free and open to the public, but registration is required.
Campus Registration (for UW-Madison only)
Community Registration (for those who DO NOT have a wisc.edu email address)
- Poster Session, 11:30am-1pm: Thirty Morgridge Match Grant Project recipients will present their work through a poster-share session.
- Opening Remarks, 1:30pm–2pm, by Director of the Morgridge Center for Public Service Nancy Mathews, Chancellor David Ward, and John and Tashia Morgridge.
- TED Talks, 2pm–4pm: An additional eight Morgridge Match Grant Project recipients will present their work in a flash-style TED talk.
- Closing Remarks, 4pm–4:30pm, by Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration Darrell Bazzell, and CEO of Boys and Girls Club Dane County Michael Johnson.
For more information, please contact: Randy Wallar, Associate Director, email@example.com or 608-262-5781.